2009-12-21

Wish me luck

A note to my friends and family:

I am now about to brave the outdoors. By outdoors I mean the malls and other assorted shops in search for Christmas gifts. If nobody hears from me in a week, please check with the local looney bin where I will most likely be sitting wagging to and fro mumbling something about jingle bells and long lines.

It is cold outside and I do NOT look forward to going outside. But I have to. I mean, there's not much point in giving Christmas presents if you haven't bothered to buy any right?

Maybe I'll be in a better mood when I get back home. Right now I feel a tad depressed at the thought of the hordes of people getting the exact same idea as me and going shopping this very minute. I'm also debating on how to dress. It is cold outside, mittens-and-hat cold that is. I won't be wearing any of it. Because in the mall there will be steaming hot and I do not like the idea of carrying stuff around just because I can't wear it.

Okay, vent over. Time to go.

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way...

Nina

2 comments:

Heather said...

Didn't you just tell me the other day that one should avoid the mall and larger stores this time of year? lol...here's hoping you survived!

Nina said...

Yep, I believe I said something along those lines. However, I had no choice. I procrastinated. I'm an optimist. Sue me. :)