2009-01-04

Calendars

Okay, I need a new wall calendar. The one for 2008 doesn't quite cut it anymore. So I went to the bookstore to see if they had any fun calendars left. They had a really nice one with chocolate. Now, one would think that a wall calendar with different chocolate pictures every month would be a great addition to my kitchen, but there were no recipes! Who in their right mind makes a calendar with chocolate and do not tell people how to make them? I don't want to look at chocolate, I want to eat it!

So I went online. Big mistake. My eyes are now square from viewing hundreds of different calendars online. I had no idea there were that many different kinds. Some were beautiful, some were funny, some downright zany. Looking at all those different calendars I realized I have standards. A calendar must have some writing space on it. I have to be able to write appointments and birthdays and such on wall calendar. Most of the calendars I found were grid calendars with tiny tiny squares for each date. If I got one of those I'd have to attach a magnifying glass to see what I wrote. Oh well, I'll do another sweep of the local bookstores and card-shops today. I'll let you know what I found.



Nina

2 comments:

Heather said...

Well darn...had I but known you were still in need of a 2009 calendar, I could have sent you one from here. ;)

Happy New Year!

Nina said...

Happy New Year to you my friend! Thanks for the thought. I seem to remember you sending some calendars a couple of years ago. One with exquisite chocolate pictures and one with really cute drawn pictures with sayings on them. Remember? :)

Nina