2009-11-18

Welcome to the future

I've never considered myself a very technical person, but give me some time and I'll figure out how most things work.

So... on Monday I downloaded two songs to my computer (yes, I paid for them, I don't do illegal downloading) without any hitch at all. That was a bit suspicious. There were so many things that could go wrong that didn't. I even managed to get them into the mp3-player without any incidents. And it didn't take forever either.

I have other stuff on mp3-player. Like the New Testament that was downloadable for free so I did. The chapters however were not in the right order. So today I figured I'd check out the little feature called a "playlist". I mean, judging by the name it ought to be a list of songs (or chapters in this case) that will play continously from the top down. Right?

Having a spare hour I sat down at comp and plugged in my mp3-player. After a wee bit of thinking I managed to put all my chapters and songs in the right order in different, clearly labeled, playlists. If I have trouble finding my files on the computer I need to have the playlists clearly labeled. There will be no "misc" or "everything I don't know where to put".

Ha! I even persuaded the mp3-player to repeat the whole playlist, which in this case consists of the two downloaded songs from Monday. Which is good, I don't have the time to cuddle the mp3-player every 10 mins or so.

I feel so 21st century... :)

Oh and if anyone is curious, it was "Made to Worship" and "How Great is our God" by Chris Tomlin.

Nina

PS. Dear Santa... if you read this, I would really like the albums "Arriving" and "Hello Love" by Chris Tomlin for Christmas. Preferrable digital so I can put them into mp3-player.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Well. You're more firmly in the curretn century than I am. No cell phone (can't say I want one), no mp3 player/ipod, no ebook reader (though I am liking the look of B&N's "nook") and no digital camera -- though I might be getting the latter for Christmas. *crosses fingers*